Remember when you were a kid and knew each year what class you would be doing the following year?
You followed a path without questioning it.
You knew what to study and what to do to apply for your first job.
Now, you are on your own.
You wish for a different life, but you can’t find the path you should be taking.
You feel trapped.
Your dreams bud in your mind and die without blossoming.
You think you can do nothing about it. There is no way you can change your life.
Well, this is not true.
You have what it takes to stop drifting.
It’s time to wake up and ignite the flame in you and to take control of your life.
Use your brakes
Sometimes, you must slow down and stop.
A car cannot function well without a periodic checkup. Same as you.
Bumps and dents can rust and affect your visibility and motion.
When was the last time you took a moment to reflect on your life?
Not a quick assessment but a profound and meaningful review on where you are at now and what you want to do.
Most people let life happen to them; they don’t intentionally put on their brakes.
Carve some time out for yourself.
Assess why you are not moving forward.
This list might help you identify the true reasons you don’t make your dreams happen:
- You don’t trust you can do it
- You don’t know what matters to you
- You don’t know what you want in life
- You are overwhelmed and busy with your life
- You have no energy to start a new project
- You don’t seek help
- Your dreams are too big and scary
- You have no plan to make your dreams come true
- You don’t want to sacrifice your life for the unknown
- You fear failing or being hurt
- You want an overnight success and give up too early
- You doubt yourself and listen to your inner critic
- You believe naysayers
- You feel ashamed of your dreams
- You follow distractions more often than your dream
- [Add your reasons here]
It’s only once you pinpoint a problem that you can turn it into a project to solve it.Move forward toward building your dream business with these 3 tips.Click To Tweet
Create your luck
When something good happens, I tell my friends “I feel so lucky”.
One day, one of them said “you created your luck”. I guess he was right; the life I’m living is a consequence of a series of small action steps I take each time I have a dream I want to pursue.
Now that you face your situation and understand why you are stuck, you have a starting point to take control of your life again.
To each reason that stops you from moving forward in your life, find what you would like to live or do differently.
Ask yourself these 3 questions to open your horizons to new possibilities:
- What if?
- How would things look?
- What first step could I take?
For example, if you don’t believe you can create changes in your life, ask yourself:
- What if I could change my life?
- How would my new life look?
- Once you visualize your new life, what small step can you take to move toward your new direction?
Let’s try with another example. Let’s say you believe your naysayers. Ask yourself:
- What if I disregard what other people think?
- What would I do now if everybody was cheering me up?
- What small step can I do today aligned with what I want to achieve?
The more you do that exercise, the less resistance you will have to make changes in your life.Ask yourself 'What if'. You have what it takes to make changes in your life.Click To Tweet
Step into your new path
Stop reacting to life.
Step back and act upon the changes you want to create.
As a kid you transitioned into the adult you are now, and you too can transition to a different life.
Trust yourself.Follow one of these action steps and make things happen. Click To Tweet
It requires effort, but none of these actions are impossible:
- Take responsibility for your actions (or non-actions)
- Take the time to know what your dreams are
- Know what matters to you
- Remove negativity (and distance yourself from negative people)
- Adopt an abundance mindset
- Find and connect with your cheerleaders
- Create a concrete plan
- Take one step at a time
- Get help to keep moving forward
- Make the time for your important goals
- Stop overthinking
- Learn from your lessons
- Celebrate your accomplishments
- Keep moving toward your goal
So many people don’t take the time to apply even one suggestion above.
Set yourself apart and take action.
It’s time to get going
Remember this expression: the sky’s the limit?
You can achieve more than you think as long as you commit to making things happen.
Open your eyes about where you are now, without judging yourself.
Take the first step toward your new destination.