This episode is the second part of a two-part interview with Heather K. Powers.
We discuss the importance of having a dedicated workspace to be in the flow.
Listen to how Heather defines what a creative and organized space is.
Get new ideas to design a workspace that reflects who you truly are.
- [00:35] Introducing the second part of the interview with Heather
- [01:29] About Heather’s Artist Interview Series
- [04:51] Everybody is creative
- [05:30] About the notion of “organized mess”
- [08:18] How long does it take to organize an entire house?
- [11:22] Do people fall back to a disorganized place after a certain time?
[clickToTweet tweet=”With a good system, maintaining an organized space should not be painful. #systems #organized” quote=”With a good system, maintaining an organized space should not be painful.”]
- [13:37] How did you discover your path with your business?
- [18:54] About Heather’s personal brand and her passion for beekeeping
- [20:37] How do you make time for your business and for creative activities?
- [23:52] Any other tips for entrepreneurs working from home?
- [26:42] Where can we find you online?
- [28:14] Conclusion
- [28:40] Your action item for this week: how could you add your personal touch to both your workspace and your online platform?
[clickToTweet tweet=”Honor and create your workspace with @HKPowerStudio. #homeoffice #businessowner” quote=”Honor and create your workspace with Heather K. Powers.”]
- We are all creative.
- Life is cyclical: we all have chaotic times and we all have very orderly times.
- What we see in magazines is not necessarily our truth in terms of organized spaces.
- Life is messy, you have to dedicate time to maintain your place.
- Honor and create your workspace. If you don’t create the space for something, then other things fill that space.
- Keep your digital and paper filing systems based on the same hierarchy.
- Honor the things that we are really good at doing and bring in help for things that we are not good at.
- Once you have an income, invest in working with experts.
- We can have the big ideas in our business and it’s our job to move that forward but it’s not our job to do every single aspect of what it means to run a business.
- Visit Heather’s Website
- Connect with Heather on Facebook
- Follow Heather on Pinterest
- Follow Heather on Instagram
- Connect with Thuy on Facebook
- Connect with Thuy on LinkedIn
- Follow Thuy on Twitter
If you enjoyed this episode, your ratings and reviews on iTunes will be greatly appreciated. It will also help more people discover the show.
Subscribe to the show on iTunes to receive automatically each new episode when they are published.
Feel free to share about this episode using the sharing buttons on this page.