In this first episode, I interview Denise Wakeman an online marketing strategist and a visibility expert.
We discuss about how she pivoted her business and found her personal branding.
As she will be in Cusco, Peru, when this episode goes live, she lists the gear she will bring with her to run her business while living the laptop lifestyle.
- [00:16] Introducing and welcoming Denise
- [01:10] What is your business about?
- [01:52] How did you get started in 1996?
- [04:05] How did you find the idea of providing online marketing services?
- [06:11] Did you already have an audience when you started?
- [07:00] About pivoting the business
- [08:15] Changing business names
- [09:49] Experimenting with blogging
- [12:22] Can we change name later?
- [14:06] How long did it take to find your unique voice and personal branding?
- [16:30] How can an introvert be visible?
- [18:23] The need to recharge as an introvert
- [20:06] How do you manage your energy and plan your time?
- [20:55] How to find time to engage online
- [22:00] What is your magic formula to be so consistent in publishing her content?
- [24:10] How do you get things done?
- [25.17] What is your process for writing her blog posts?
- [26:02] Is it important to have a blog?
- [28:41] Did you have mentors or coaches when you started your business?
- [31.02] Follow Denise’s adventure in Peru in September
- [31.52] What gear will you bring to Cusco to run your business remotely?
- [32:41] What will you use for videos and taking pictures?
- [33.58] Links to find Denise online
- [35:14] Conclusion and taking action: how can you help your audience?
- Denise’s Website
- Denise’s Now Page
- Follow Denise’s adventure on Instagram
- Follow Thuy on Facebook
- Follow Thuy on Twitter
- Thuy on Instagram
If you enjoyed the show, your ratings and reviews on iTunes will be greatly appreciated. It will also help more people discover the show.
Subscribe to the show on iTunes to receive automatically each new episode when they are published.
Feel free to share about the show using the sharing buttons on this page too.
If you have any feedback about this episode, let me know in the comment section below.